Total removal of unwanted prog

Meshuga 20:42 21 Jan 03
  Meshuga 20:42 21 Jan 03

I recently uninstalled a Norton Utilities prog but I still get 2 fragments of the prog appear on Startup. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of them permanently. Regards, Meshuga.

BRYNIT 20:50 21 Jan 03

What fragments? did you close norton down befor uninstalling.

Meshuga 21:08 21 Jan 03

To Brynit.Yes I did close noton down. The fragments are boxes that appear on startup of the prog and show the status of the pc. every time I boot up now I have to click on theX to get rid of them. The icon is no longer on the desktop and the prog no longer appears pn instal/uninstall.
Regards,Meshuga.

SafeHaven 21:18 21 Jan 03

Go to start/run type in "msconfig" look in start up to see if you can see the program in there if so untick the box. Or start/run. type in "regedit" look in all the files see if you can see anything to do with the program you deleted then remove it from the register.WITH CARE be careful what you delete.If you have xp make a system restor point before you start.

Meshuga 21:30 21 Jan 03

My thanks to Brynit and Safehaven for your help.
Will try it tomorrow. Regards,Meshuga.

Meshuga 21:52 21 Jan 03

Message for Safehaven.Decided to do as you suggested now and went to start/run and msconfig
etc and removed tick from box referring to prog and all is now well.My grateful thanks.Good job there are some geniusses out there. Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…