Total freeze-up

Jez P 13:19 12 Sep 04

I'll have another go at this guys - with Windows ME and Athlon 800, my screen freezes completely at random. Can't do anything even CTRL+ALT+DEL has no effect at all, I can only force a shut-down with the reset button. Whatever I am doing is completely lost. Tried various things including updating graphics driver, etc, but no effect except it now seems only to happen some time after starting up (20-30mins + sometimes more). Tried system monitor but when I re-start the log hasn't been saved and is blank. Can anyone help please!?

Cuddles 15:47 12 Sep 04

Do you have plenty of ventilation round your pc, could be that your processor is overheating or could be a dust build up.

Jez P 00:30 17 Sep 04

Thanks Cuddles, I removed the processor fan, and cleaned some dust from it and from between the cooling fins. After I put it back together all is fine. I can't believe it was that simple! Thanks for your time mate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…