Total Exception OE & STIMON

Carronade 12:26 27 Apr 03

I haven't made any changes recently to my software but have started getting a blue screen at Start-up with the message "Total Exception OE @ 0167:BFF9DFFF" which can lead to an error message regarding "STIMON - invalid page fault in module USER.EXE at 0001:000003d2". Less often STIMON stops the system closing down properly. STIMON I traced to the Windows\System folder and it has a scanner/camera icon beside it. I use W98SE, updated from the Microsoft website, and for over a year have had two scanners, Plustek OpticPro U24 and Canon D660U linked up along with Fuji digital camera software.

Help will be appreciated.

Carronade 13:00 27 Apr 03

Re my query, above, I read per a response to Tigerlily's "error message" to run SFC. This brought up SETUPX.DLL as corrupt. Not knowing if it was the original or an update, I clicked on the first option instead of the second "replace with original", ran SFC again and got an (apparently) clean report - no faults.

I would still appreciate a reply. Now to close down and start up a few times.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…