Total crash of MS XP

Amalric I 11:31 17 Oct 05

I tahink this problem was caused by a program downloaded to repair register after missing dll file reported.
A dll file used in graphic accelleration went missing and was reported so on startup. I downloaded and ran a program from the Internet to repair this. Shortly afterward, The system started displaying a non-albhabetic character set in all text. After restart this persisted. Presumably the registry has been damaged But I do no know how to restore a backed up registry.
In tahe amiddle of all this a message came up demanding that I validate Windows which as far as I remember has already been done. However, I tried to do so via the Internet but there was no connection. The phone number to call to do it that way is missing from the message.

Hamish 11:38 17 Oct 05

Is it possible to do a system restore

SANTOS7 11:50 17 Oct 05

You could try, restart pressing F8 and boot to last known good configuration..

Amalric I 12:36 17 Oct 05

The problem was resolved by a total reinstallation of XPm Many,many thanks to those who responded quickly and accurately, as usual.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…