Tosh.Satellite M205-S3217 gone AWOL !

cosi 17:27 09 Nov 10

Hoping some one out has seen or recognises the fault condition I am experiencing with my laptop please. A picture of the screen would be easier, but I am not sure I can attach to forum message. Here goes my attempt to describe: the laptop happily chuggs along doing stuff , then all of a sudden, for no apparent reason, & as far as I can tell not after the same action or any other obvious pattern, the screen goes all chequerboard-like in colours (best way to describe it is like a carpet of multicolored vertically striped tiles). My first thought was the connection to the display, but it does the same on an external display. There are no associated unusual noises from anywhere (e.g disc). All the usual lights are on & the fans are running as they would normally.

Any ideas please ?

T2080 dual core 1.73GHz; 943 GML Express chipset; IGB DDR2 RAM; SATA150, 160GB HDD; GMA 950 onboard graphics.

Many Thanks

northumbria61 19:16 09 Nov 10

My view is if it occurs when connected to an external display the fault lies with your laptop - you could try adjusting your display settings or you may need a driver update for your onboard graphics.

northumbria61 19:19 09 Nov 10

If you decide to go for a Graphics Driver update obtain it from the Intel website making sure you select the correct one for your Operating System
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…