Toshiba U300 camera locked by another application

mikeymikeyuk 18:31 28 Apr 08

Please can anyone help me?
I have a Toshiba U300 laptop with Chicony built in camera. It never seems to want to work unless i restart the computer. It is very intermittent, sometimes it works then it won't work. It keeps saying "Camera locked by another application" even though no other program is using it!
Any ideas what i can do??

Diodorus Siculus 19:22 28 Apr 08

Do you use something like messenger / skype etc which might be calling upon the camera? What other programs do you use which are not running at startup?

mikeymikeyuk 22:42 28 Apr 08

I have msn yes but it does not start up unless i select it to do so. No Skype or anything like that either and i don't run any programs that i know of on start up. The only items that run are my Mcafee and a Toshiba Tempo site which lets me know when i need new software updates etc.
When i do a search on google etc about this problem loads of links come up but i have not yet found a solution...

Diodorus Siculus 10:46 29 Apr 08

Bump...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…