Toshiba Touch Pad not working

Ben43 10:42 03 Nov 14
Answered

I have a Toshiba Lap top Satellite C50-A-19T running Windows 8.1. The touch pad just stopped working. Pressed FN F5 etc no change. Went onto Toshiba site they recommended uninstalling the Synaptics driver and downloading their recommended driver. Did this but after running program it said the Synaptics (Syn TP) Mouse Install failed. Any ideas although I can use an external mouse it is sometimes more convenient to use the touch pad. Ta!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:07 03 Nov 14

The touch pad just stopped working

try reinstalling the original driver if still no working yiu may have to open the machine to check the connection.

Ben43 11:54 03 Nov 14

The touch pad driver came pre installed and I uninstalled the original in order to install the driver recommended by Toshiba which will not install. * am loathe to open up the machine as it is only 8 months old and still under warranty.*

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:09 03 Nov 14

there are two possible drivers for your machine model

Touch Pad Synaptics tpdrv-20130628122526.zip

Touch Pad Alps Electric tpdrv-20130628121121.zip

Ben43 12:38 04 Nov 14

I have tried both of those tpdrv drivers and on loading it says Synaptics (SYN TP) Mouse Install Failed

rdave13 14:45 04 Nov 14

Try removing the battery and power brick. Press and hold the power button in for 30 seconds. Replace the battery and power up. You should have the generic driver installed now. See if it now works.

Ben43 10:33 07 Nov 14
Answer

Hi guys found the problem it was a conflict with the Winamp program. I refreshed the computer and checked each time after loading each program and it turned out to be the Winamp program. Also did a system restore point after installing each program. Thanks guys for all your input.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…