Toshiba TECRA 8000

wulliec 18:41 01 Dec 05

Hi hope someonce can help me before i loose the plot, the above laptop worked a week ago no problems, now suddenly the HD want boot up and asking for a system disk , now i used a win98 boot up disk and still didnt access the HD

How to u access the bios system to check it can find the HD, or has anybody got any suggestions

Thanks in advance

Wullie

woodchip 18:51 01 Dec 05

To get into BIOS you should see "press Key name to enter Setup" Try keep pressing F5 as computer starts if you get a list choose safe mode then run System Restore. If it goes you have to press enter key for safe mode

VoG II 18:51 01 Dec 05
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:16 01 Dec 05

Toshiba Tecra F1 or ESC to enter BIOS

Set first boot device as CD second as HDD

Boot with XP CD in drive

When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

Choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R"

Select the windows to boot from press 1

If it asks for admin password enter your password, if no password set then just press Enter

At the c:\windows prompt type

fix /mbr

then type

fixboot

Remove the CD and type exit to reboot the PC

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:16 01 Dec 05

Toshiba Tecra F1 or ESC to enter BIOS

Set first boot device as CD second as HDD

Boot with XP CD in drive

When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

Choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R"

Select the windows to boot from press 1

If it asks for admin password enter your password, if no password set then just press Enter

At the c:\windows prompt type

fix /mbr

then type

fixboot

Remove the CD and type exit to reboot the PC

wulliec 08:16 04 Dec 05

soz now its cant read the hard drive, is there any software where i can fix this

woodchip 10:50 04 Dec 05

You could try downloading Seatools put it on a floppy disc and start computer with floppy in click here

PS its Free

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…