Toshiba Satellite Pro A210 1AZ

Migwell 23:20 10 Apr 08

I have seen a Toshiba notebook computer advertised on the Misco site, it is an AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual Core TK55 (1.8Ghz
1Gig of 667 DDR2 RAM on 1 unit with 1 to spair
120Gig Hard drive
ATI Radeon X1200 graphix card
6-1 Media slot
All for £339.56 and £50 cash back from Toshiba

Question What do any of you think of this offer is it a computer worth having?
I don't do games. It's use would be for office applications and photographs etc.

Thanks for your thoughts, further more has any one been a customer of Misco and what do you think of them?

Migwell 23:23 10 Apr 08

PS it also has Vista Home premium

Totally-braindead 23:28 10 Apr 08

Never dealt with Misco but if I was to get a laptop a Toshiba would be what I would buy. Well built, good quality, last for ages.

I can't comment on the processor I'll have to leave that to others as I just don't know how good it is. Only thing I would like to comment on is the memory. In my opinion 1 gig is not enough with on board graphics. But memory is cheap and you did say it has a slot free so that should be fairly cheap and easy to upgrade.

Simsy 01:21 11 Apr 08

this very model, from CCL click here I also bought an extra 1Gig of RAM from them, so it now has 2Gig.

The same as you, I don't do games and it seems fine so far.

I'm struggling to get used to the touchpad, but I've never had a laptop before, and I am getting used to it.

(I'm also struggling to get used to Vista)

I don't have a need for it, but it also has a firewire connection, and according to this review, from PC Advisor, click here it has room for a second HDD. I'd disagree with the reviews verdict on the audio performance. It's nothing to complain about, but certainly not worthy of special mention. (Though I have virtually no experience of laptops, so perhaps compared to others it may be good!)

The battery life isn't great. I don't think I've got 2 hours out of it... but I mostly use it plugged into the mains.

In short, at this price, it's more than adequate for my needs, (and I do a very small bit of video editing as well).

I repeat that my experience of laptops is too small to say how it compares to others, but in the 3 weeks that I've had it I find nothing that would lead me to recommend against it.

Especially considering than it comes in at under £300 !

Even with the extra RAM, and delivery, (which was next day), with the £50 back direct from Toshiba it's only cost me £308.

The only drawback I've come across is that Acronis True Image recovery media doesn't work, either from CD or Secure Zone.

click here

This looks as though it's a SATA drive issue, and I'm going to be asking for a refund from Acronis under their 30 cashback guarantee.

True Image works OK from within Windows.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Simsy

Woolwell 09:08 11 Apr 08

You don't state the price but Simsy's came in at about £300. In the last month I bought a Toshiba laptop from Misco with 2Gb RAM, 200 Gb Hard Drive, Windows XP and an Intel Dual Core processor. With delivery this came to just over £500. Delivered within a week. 2nd item I have bought from Misco and no problems each time.

Migwell 09:21 11 Apr 08

The A210 Tosh comes in at £389.56 and £289.56 after £50 cash back from Toshiba

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…