toshiba satellite laptop won't connect wirelessly

jason24478 18:55 10 Sep 09

Hi guys, I'm new to the forums looking for some help. After 2 hrs of smoke and mirrors from the people at sky broadband they have no decided that it is my laptop that is faulty. The problem is, if i disable the security on my netgear router all is well but the second you put it pack on it won't let you connect, all ssid and passwords are correct and it is on wpa.

The sky technical expert got me to disable all the security and then said it's all now working fine so I went off on a rant with him asking whats the point of having security if you just turn it off to solve your problems so he just played around with it for a bit and then decided that it is the laptop that is faulty....Any help guy's i'm getting desperate to the point of throwing it out the window, I,m only a gasman I need all the help i ca get.

ambra4 03:47 11 Sep 09

If your security set up is

Network Authentication - WPA

Data Encryption – AES

Change To

Network Authentication - WPA-PSK

Data Encryption – Trip

Re-Enter the Network & Confirm Key

dms_05 09:55 13 Sep 09

Try posting on click here where you will find a dedicated group of Sky Users and the site is independent of Sky.

However ambra4 suggestion looks a very good starting point.

You could also try changing the Sky encryption to WEP and see if that works. At least it might define the problems scope (ie if it works with WEP then maybe the WPA set up is incorrect).

Also (I'm sure you know) the Sky default WiFi key is all letters in upper case and no numbers.

Have you tried changing the WiFi key to your own Password (in your browser 192.168.0.1 then User: Admin Password: sky and change the Password for the wiFi in the Wireless Section). You should always do this as the Password can be worked out from your Routers MAC code.

Lots of possibilities!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…