Toshiba Satalite 110CS. No mouse control

Giggle n' Bits 10:07 12 Apr 03

Friend ignored my advice about buying a secondhand laptop named above and she now has the following problem which I have offered to see if i can solve with PCA Help.

The mouse built into the laptop pad does not work nor does adding an external PS/2 mouse it will not be recognised. Just shows as a Yellow Excalmation mark.

Laptop has Win98Se. Personally I think the Button/pad for mouse control is damaged but could this be a virus or something. I am not a fan of laptops personally.

Can anyone help me to help a damsell in distress. Please!

fitshase 13:47 12 Apr 03

Have you had a look in the BIOS to see if the mouse pad on the laptop is enabled? There is normally a setting in there where you can disable it. There might also be a setting for the PS2 port.

Hope this helps

Regards

Fitshase

Giggle n' Bits 15:10 12 Apr 03

Del Key on boot, F1 and F2 and it will not go into the BIOS this is where I suspect the problem lies.

So how do you access the Bios on this laptop.

also the Left/right mouse control on the laptop is redundant take it its all linked.

Error 42 in Device manager for the Tochiba Mouse line. Driver won't stay intact.

Giggle n' Bits 15:11 12 Apr 03

Thank you for your call fitshase, appreciated !.

VoG™ 15:13 12 Apr 03

Some other keys to try click here

Giggle n' Bits 20:32 12 Apr 03

Will go and get her laptop and have ago at these.

Will report back later.

Giggle n' Bits 23:30 12 Apr 03

The keyboard was set as Fn and imput device ok.

It a driver problem. There/she hasn't got any Disk of any sort.

So I am closing this post and putting put new post out.

Thanks agian to all !.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…