toshiba regza lcd woe

Cessna 21:28 08 Dec 08

i have an 18 month old toshiba regza 42" lcd, which has been great up until a month or so ago. now i get a very thin fine vertical black line that runs from top to bottom in the exact middle of the screen.

to my mind it looks like there is a whole row of pixels out. sometimes it is worse than others. sometimes it is very fine, other times it is heavier and blacker.

i have tried "massaging" the screen to try to wake up any dead pixels, but it makes no difference. sometimes if i turn the tv off (rather than stand by) when its turned back on again the line is gone for a while but always reappears after a couple of hours.

someone on a toshiba forum suggested getting an lcd reparation. not sure what that is.

any ideas what the problem could be or any solutions to it? is it worth having a technician come out to look at it, bearing in mind that he may just suggest new telly anyway?

any and all thoughts appreciated as always. thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…