toshiba power pack beeping

nyleridedog 11:05 27 Oct 06

pa3420u-1brs battery toshoba equiem l10-142

Hi guys and gals

I have a toshiba equiem l10-142 with a liteon power pack!

i have noticed over the last few weeks that when im plugged into the power i still see the battery icon in the systray. but then i mess with the power pack and the icon dissapears! well now i cant get rid of the battery icon and my power pack is making a beeping noise!

i have investigated it and found only one case in the toshiba support forums, below for details

"Your laptops mainboard is toast.
If you check the rear power socket and it has a short circuit, then your mainboard power circuit chips 6675A are fried, replacement isn't an option on these components as they get quite hot when the die, this fuses the layers of the PCB together which is why the board then shorts out, the bleeping your getting is a warning from the power supply unit telling you there is a fault.
My advice is, check your laptop warranty/insurance, if you have none then its either buy a new board ?200 ~ ?350 and get it fitted or sell it as scrap, you may get a few hundred quid if you scrap it if all the other bits are working ok.
Regards
Rob"

my power pack still beeps when its not plugged into the laptop so imhoping its just he powerpack thats knackered

can anyone confirm or add anything?

can anyone tell me the motherboard for this laptop?

thanks everyone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac