Toshiba P20 Laptop Graphics

PAE 22:07 24 Feb 07

My daughter has a Windows Media Centre Toshiba P20 Laptop and she came asking for help as the screen was totally balck except in Safe Mode when it had green lines running down the screen but at least you could see some Icons. Unfortunately she couldn't connect to the Internet in Safe Mode. After a bit of playing about I have managed to get some sort of screen by uninstalling her Graphics Card Drivers and letting Windows use the standard VGA Driver, albeit still with these green lines running down the screen. I have managed to connect to the Internet and downloaded the latest drivers for her card a NVidia Geforce FX Go5700. Problem is when I try to install teh driver the Setup programme can't find the card and if I do a System Restore which reinstalls the old driver I can only use Safe Mode which won't let me install the new driver. Can anyone give me some advice/ideas or how easy is it to replace the card?

Thanks

woodchip 22:09 24 Feb 07

If I was you and the Laptop is less than a year old. Take it back as it sounds like the Graphics card as gone up the spout

woodchip 22:10 24 Feb 07

This would more than likely mean a new mobo in the Laptop as it will most likely be onboard graphics

PAE 11:24 26 Feb 07

Regretfully it is well out of warranty and taking your second comment on board she is going to replace it with a (repairable) desktop model. Thanks for your assistance

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5