Toshiba notebook & digital projector

blue danube 17:48 07 Feb 07

Using a Toshiba Equium A110 notebook. Want to do a slide show with an Epsom 821 digital projector, but having problems getting signal source - blue screen.
Tried a few things, but think it is a case of setting up the notebook.

Any suggestions how to do this.

FreeCell 18:05 07 Feb 07

Can you explain more about problem? Should just be a matter of connecting Toshiba using external monitor port and Epson Video input. Both are 15-pin D-Sub. Then use Function F5 to switch display from laptop to projector. May need to adjust display settings of laptop to match projector. (1024 X 768)

When does blue screen appear? Any error code given?

blue danube 20:48 07 Feb 07

Thanks for your response. Using d sub connector as you say. Turn on projector, then boot up laptop. At first the projector screen does display Toshiba logo, but when it attempts to load XP, I get blue screen. I have tried F5, but it doesn't do anything.
Have used the projector with a Compaq Evo with no problems, so obviously some setting with my Toshiba.

Jake_027 20:52 07 Feb 07

Fn+F5, or just F5, try it more than once, or swap the ends of the cable around

Jake

woodchip 20:56 07 Feb 07

Check the Graphics Display Properties. Would think it drops in dual Display or may work on the TV display

woodchip 20:57 07 Feb 07

you may also need to use the Projector Software to use it

FreeCell 12:37 08 Feb 07

Function F5 changes the display from laptop screen to external source. Pressing it acts as a toggle so press it a number of times to switch between either source or both.

Is blue screen seen through projector or just on laptop screen? Not sure how far things go before this happens.

Don't know what display settings you have on the Tosh. Need to be set to VGA 1024 X 756 or less to be compatible with your projector.

Any other connection between the two? Some projectors have usb link to allow remote control of mouse pointer etc. Could need drivers installed on laptop. Any included with projector?

blue danube 11:48 15 Feb 07

Thanks to all those responses to my problem with digital projector and laptop. Using Fn and F5 did indeed solve the problem.

Apologies for delay in acknowledgements, but been having massive problems with my BT Broadband and Homehub, particularly with so called technical helpdesk....

FreeCell 12:13 15 Feb 07

Glad it's resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…