Toshiba laptop Keyboard not working

Commander Straker 11:29 AM 05 Jun 12

Toshiba Tecra A10 Win XP. My second laptop problem of the day ! Child spilt Orange juice over keyboard of wife's laptop. Mopped up quickly but now no keys work at all. Laptop also continually beeps when turned on. All seems to work using a USB keyboard. Have removed laptop keyboard but can find no obvious area of damage/ liquid ingress. Wondered if one key was stuck through the spillage and tried to tap all of them multiple times...very occasionally could get a number to appear in notepad totally unrelated to the key pressed but normally zero response. Happy to try and fit a new keyboard (if available) but just wondered if I might be missing something. Thanks.

onthelimit1 11:54 AM 05 Jun 12

You could try washing the keyboard with distilled water, then leaving it in an airing cupboard. Personally, I'd bite the bullet and stick a new one in!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:37 PM 05 Jun 12

new keyboard here

but may be cheaper now you have part No. google a10 keyboard

Commander Straker 12:55 PM 05 Jun 12

Thanks guys for the quick response and info.. I have purchased a new keyboard so we'll see !

Matt Bell 10:09 AM 06 Jun 12

Good choice Commander Straker! I did the same after I spilled my coffee over my keyboard.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to choose a photographer

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone