Toshiba laptop keyboard not working

givern321 17:52 23 Sep 06

Hello all

The keyboard on my new Toshiba laptop stopped working recently, after just a couple of weeks' use. Just no reacting to anything. I bought it in uk, as no language barrier etc, but it is currently abroad and very difficult to return it to GB where I bought it, though I realise that that might be my only option. Thought I'd ask here first if anyone knows any steps I can take to resolve the keyboard problem. I have been using it with a new wireless keyboard, which is not satisfactory in the long-term, until I can find a permanent solution.

Any replies gratefully received. I'd be very grateful if they could be in simple lay terms please as I know little to nothing of the internal workings of computers, although am quite an experienced user.

Thanks

givern321

STREETWORK 17:55 23 Sep 06

Can you plug another keyboard in and try it. If it works then the keyboard on the laptop may have a fault or loose connection to the main board...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:05 23 Sep 06

As the machine is working from a wireless Kboard ok I suspect a loose connection to the motherboard.

As its only a couple of weeks old the best bet would be to return it, opening the case would probably invalidate any warrenty.

givern321 18:09 23 Sep 06

Thank you very much streetwork and fruitbat. Much appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…