toshiba laptop and belkin router software

superspark 08:10 08 Jul 06

Can anyone please advise? I have a toshiba wireless laptop and want to set up a belkin router to work with my ntl broadband. My question is if I don't have a desktop pc, do I need to install the software which came with the router or will the laptop simply connect without the software installed?

Thanks very much.

scotty 08:45 08 Jul 06

You do not need to install the Belkin software. Even if you were using a Belkin wifi part in your computer, the Belkin software is not recommended particularly if using Windows XP.

I would recommend that the initial setup of the router is performed with a wired connection as I find this simpler. Also set up the security features (WPA or WEP encryption and MAC filtering to only allow defined wifi devices to connect).

Taff™ 09:26 08 Jul 06

Depending on the Toshiba Laptop you should find the Toshiba "Connectivity Doctor" software will be sufficient to connect to the router once it has been set up as scotty says.

superspark 11:57 08 Jul 06

Thanks to you both for your help. I will sort this now!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…