Toshiba Laptop

I have a Toshiba satellite A500-1GL But the machine seems to have a mind of its own, for no apparent reason it will switch itself on. can anyone advise me why this is happening and is there anyway to prevent this?

Regards Bacon Butty

onthelimit 09:08 16 Apr 10

You probably have something in Device manager set to 'wake computer' (Properties, Power Management). Worth having a look and unticking all to see what happens

Taff™ 09:09 16 Apr 10

This could be a setting in the BIOS "Wake Up On LAN" (LAN = Local Area Network)Can you tell us if the computer is connected by cable to a network or router and if so how? Also is the computer shut down or simply in hibernation or stand by when this happens?

The machine is wireless enabled but the router was switched off

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:23 16 Apr 10

Disable Wake on LAN and Wake on Ring in the BIOS.

ronalddonald 11:08 16 Apr 10

use to have same problem with an older tosh do exactly ?Fruit bat suggests

Been in to the BIOS set up and tabbed to power management, found wake up on LAN enabled wake up on key board disabled and critical battery wake up enabled. I have disabled wake up on lan, should i disable critical battery wake up? or is this enabled to condition discharge the battery when low?

Thanks to everyone for your help and advice

regards bacon Butty

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…