Toshiba lap top wont start up

fire_fly 23:09 PM 13 Sep 11

hi, at the start up options it asks to do the repair diagnostics, i press this option and it goes through the repair files then tells me to press finish to restart lap top, I do this then lap top goes through the resistry files and stops on this messageoxc01a001d28684\98544\c\registry\machine\components\deriveddata

has anyone any ideas, it will freeze at this message and thats it.

birdface 08:19 AM 14 Sep 11

Sorry not sure what the messabe means but have you tried starting in safe mode.Just keep tapping F5 or f8 as the computer starts.

If that works maybe try last good configuration or system restore or if W/7 system repair.

chub_tor 09:36 AM 14 Sep 11

If you google your message you will see 3 or 4 replies which all seem to boil down to the fact that the only cure is a re-install of your OS. The problem seems to be more prevalent with Vista and especially those that have tried to install Vista SP1. Is the OS that your Toshiba has?

kristain 11:18 AM 14 Sep 11

Hi,

Take out the battery and unplug it. Hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Put the battery back in and try again.

Make sure there's nothing clogging up the button that the monitor hits. The monitor automatically turns off by hitting a small switch on the laptop somewhere, usually.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

DxO One 'pro' camera attachment for the iPhone: UK pricing & availability

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites