Toshiba Equium Laptop Will not Boot

Luca M 20:27 09 Mar 10

Hi All,

My friend has a Toshiba Equium laptop and ever since yesterday we have not been able to get it to boot past the Toshiba splash screen. The screen simply goes black and whatever you do, it will not go away.

I have tried doing a system restore on the machine with a windows XP disc however the disc starts to spin and then the system just goes black again.

They are not too worried about the data on the laptop as it is backed up, we just need it working again.

Any help would be appreciated,

Luca

birdface 20:33 09 Mar 10

Have you tried to start it in safe mode.[just keep tapping F8 as the computer starts.]

Luca M 20:40 09 Mar 10

It wont go into safe mode, the splash screen disappears and if i keep pressing F8 I just get a warning beep.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:57 09 Mar 10

Toshiba laptops recovery (may not work for all models but worth a try).
click here
click here

Luca M 21:12 09 Mar 10

Thanks for that, however I cant seem to get those links to open? It just says that they dont exist...

Luca M 23:59 09 Mar 10

I have just done a bit more research and the Equium models do not seem to come with the recovery partition so I cannot access that from the boot menu which I can sometimes get to appear .

It will not boot of a CD or USB pen with XP or Vista on so really am stuck for ideas here..

birdface 10:31 10 Mar 10

This sometimes helps.
Unplug the charger.Remove the battery and press down on the start button for 30 seconds then reconnect everything and see if it makes any difference.
Or reseat the memory.
I don't suppose there were any problems with the date and time changing before the problem started.
Or try tapping F5 as the computer
starts to see if that takes you into safe mode.
Or maybe just keep your finger pressed on F5 or F8 as the computer starts for safe mode.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…