toshiba digital camera

dave-259168 14:36 08 Jan 03
  dave-259168 14:36 08 Jan 03

Hi All,

Just a quick note, am having problems with my PRD 2300, working on '98. the software supplied is acdcee and i also have photoshop and whenever i try to aquire the images (on both apps)getting a message saying, No camera found, camere is working fine on a mates pc with XP, just wondered if any one can help. I AM GOING CRAZY.

Dave

Gongoozler 14:42 08 Jan 03

davebev, presumably the camera uses a usb connection. Are you able to use the usb connection with any other equipment?

JoeC 14:47 08 Jan 03

work OK on Win XP machine as XP has a built in system to handle the connection. Did you get and install the Image Expert software that came with the camera ( it came with my Toshiba ) ?? Image Expert will make the connection to download the photos to your computer if you have it. Regards : }

dave-259168 14:53 08 Jan 03

Ta for the replys, all my other usb devices are fine, Scanner and joypad. And acdcee software was supplied insted of image expert as that IS known to be flacky on '98.

bobbyp 15:11 08 Jan 03

if it's like my Sony, when you plug the camera in, you should see it as a Removable Disk within Windows Explorer (i.e Removable Disk E or F depending on what disks you have at the moment), irrespective of what software you are using to view. You can then treat the camera as a separate disk effectively i.e copy files view files etc.

Is it appearing in Windows? If so then ACDSee should have no problems.

Also, you will likely need to switch the camera to PC mode rather than standard or view mode.

If not, I'd guess you have a USB problem

Hope this helps

Stuartli 15:16 08 Jan 03

Similar Toshiba digital camera query here:

click here

Gongoozler 15:28 08 Jan 03

davebev, if all else fails, I suggest that you get a card reader, you can then read the files from the memory card independent of the camera. You can get a reasonably priced card reader from here click here

Stuartli 13:27 09 Jan 03

A 7 in 1 card reader from Scan of Bolton is less than £20.

click here

shortcircuited 18:51 09 Jan 03

i have a dv mini camcorder, how do i watch my recordings on pc, do i need special hardware. I have firewire cable which i have connected with cable to the dv connection on camcorder, what other connections do i need?

Sorry i cant help with your prob though.

Good luck!

Gongoozler 08:16 11 Jan 03

shortcircuited, I'm afraid I can't help with your query, I think you would do better to start a new thread, a thread title referring to your question will attract more attention.

Davebev, a strange feature with cameras and card readers in Windows 98 (I don't know if it applies to XP) is that the pc and the camera must be switched on before the usb cable is connected. My Sony camera won't switch on if the cable is connecting it to the computer, and Windows closes down if the card reader is connected at boot up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…