Toshiba BIOS

Jimpad 21:35 PM 09 Mar 13
Answered

Last night I was installing some drivers on my Toshiba Satellite P850 PSPKBA namely a remote controll driver an a service station driver, from the Toshiba.ie web site I seen a BIOS update link so I typed in my details an it stated that their was a BIOS update for my Laptop so I downloaded it an then shut all other program's an started to install the updates, I installed the BIOS one last, as it seemed to be installing the LT shut down an after a moment it tried to reboot..an their she stands, she tries to reboot the screen stays blank then it shuts itself down, then tries again, I have removed the batt an tried again but it just make a noise like its going to boot then nada,zilch nothing.

Any help with this would be much much appreciated.

Shaun

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:18 PM 09 Mar 13

Hopefully its just a corrupt windows driver and not the BIOS

try tapping F8 as it boot to get to Advanced tools menu then select restore to a date before you did the updates

woodchip 22:51 PM 09 Mar 13

Big Mistake, but hope you can get it back running but I think the link was for a Duff BIOS. You should never play with things that are working okay without first asking somebody in the know that does

Jimpad 22:52 PM 10 Mar 13

Thanks for the replies I can not get into the BIOS as it doses not boot atol, the fan comes on an then she goes dead. I have just updated to Win 8 so thought it would be a good idea to update my drivers an BIOS am noticing that this problem seem to be happening quite a lot even to peeps in IT.

The Tos office will be open tomorrow so either they have a master cure or my warranty should kick in.

Again thanks for trying

woodchip 14:52 PM 11 Mar 13

Warranty will not cover your killing the BIOS

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:59 PM 11 Mar 13
Answer

Disconnect mains and battery pack

Open up the laptop and disconnect the CMOS battery look for a Clear CMOS jumper on the motherboard if fitted you may need to find a service manual for your model? to locate the jumper and correct pins to use.

Jimpad 22:30 PM 12 Mar 13

Laptop is gone, hope to get a new one back soon.

Again thanks to those who tried to help, good karma is hopefully in the post.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get your photos turned into illos by some of the world’s best artists

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites