toshiba A300

stephen1978 21:32 16 May 09

i have a toshiba A300 latop running on vista the problem i have is i left the laptop on charge this morning as i needed to use it when i got home but now when i plug the charger in it charges for about 10 seconds then thats it it will only charge if i keep taking the charger in and out

does anyone no wat could be wrong???

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:41 16 May 09

Laptop Battery not showing Charging
1. Turn off the computer,
2. Take the battery out
3. Take out the power supply
4. Push the power button down for 30 seconds.
5. Reconnect power supply
6. Then the battery.
Should now show 100% charged. This is because sometimes the mother board gets static and this clears it and the reason it showed not charging was because it was fully charged.

stephen1978 22:57 16 May 09

fruit bat i tryed wat u said above but still he same :(

now the battery shows that it is charging but only does for 10 seconds and then it spots charging

forgot to say that i only just done a fresh install of windows vista today

phono 23:14 16 May 09

Are there any conflicting devices or devices with errors showing in device manager?

woodchip 23:19 16 May 09

Does the Laptop Work okay on mains without the Battery? it should. I have a HP laptop should work with or without. But I am on XP Home.

PS if it works okay with just charger the battery may be at fault

stephen1978 23:20 16 May 09

no nothing i tryed going in to the device manager but the battery drivers are working ok ??

and ive not installed anything on the laptop yet apart from the drivers and thats all

phono 23:26 16 May 09

Have you installed the chipset drivers?

What is the exact model of your laptop? I notice that an A300 can be from the Satellite, Satellite Pro and Equium ranges.

woodchip 23:27 16 May 09

When you say no nothing. do you mean it will not boot and work just on mains? if so the Mains adapter will have blown. Test with a MultiTester its only low volts coming out at computer end about 18volts DC You can check what should be coming out by checking text on Adapter

stephen1978 23:36 16 May 09

this is wat happened and wat does happen :

i done a fresh install of windows vista today the battery charge fine
but then later today when the battery was nearly empty i pluged in the charger and i seen that the battery metre was going up but then after 10 seconds it stopped if i take out the charger and put it bk in it does the same it works fine with the AC adaptar plugged in

woodchip 23:38 16 May 09

I would say that the Adapter as had it. Looks like it may be overheating, does it feel hot when it turns off

phono 23:44 16 May 09

"I would say that the Adapter has had it."

stephen1978 states that the laptop works fine with the AC adaptor plugged in so it cannot be at fault.

stephen1978
I will ask again, have you installed the chipset drivers? If not get it at click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…