Toshiba 2GB Memory Stick

I have a Toshiba U3 2GB Memory stick. Does anyone know if and how I can protect any folders I store on there from being deleted when I format the stick. I want to be able to go ahead and format stick and not to have to remember each time that I have stuff on there I want to keep on there.

Technotiger 18:34 24 Apr 07

Hi, surely if you format the stick everything will be wiped? I have never heard of selective formatting, except when dealing with more than one drive.

If I am wrong no doubt someone will soon say so.

PaulOwen 20:03 24 Apr 07

bookmarked

Is it possible or is Technotiger correct. If he is then someone should make it possible!!

Technotiger 21:04 24 Apr 07

I have looked at my own (1Gb) stick and there is no way to format just part of it. It is all or nothing. You can of course simply delete Files or Folders on it, but NOT Format. As I said earlier, formatting wipes the contents completely.

Technotiger 21:14 24 Apr 07

After a bit more research I found this ..

click here

Yes, you can Protect the folders on your stick, in fact you can protect folders just about anywhere, stick/pc/external hard-drive etc. But I don't know what would happen if you protected a folder or folders and then formatted your stick - formatting is not mentioned.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…