Tosh Portege Probs

The Paul 17:47 15 Jul 04

Neighbour has a Portege 3110 CT. She was trying to fresh install XP and reformatted HD. The 3110 uses an external CD-ROM driven through a PC Card and an external floppy also.

Reformat went okay until she tried to install XP. 1stly, the system (which she'd bought from work) had the wrong connector for the floppy so she couldnt use a boot disc. She had been able to install W98 without a boot disc so she had been happy to try the same thing with her XP installation.

Since the reformat she only gets a message teller her "Invalid System DisK" - Replace the disk and press any key" There is no disc inserted. This occurs if booting with the PC card in or out.

Any thoughts on this please. Cheers Paul

The Paul 21:49 15 Jul 04

Thanks for that. " issues though. !stly - the floppy drive cannot connect to the Tosh as the connector is wrong so I cannot boot from a Boot Disk - 2ndly - If I create a boot disk and copy the files to CD I cannot do anything with this as the Portgege wont read the CD-ROM via the PC Card.

The main issue is that once I boot this machine up I dont get any BIOS or anything.

The Paul 22:36 15 Jul 04

Sorry fot the mispells. Its The time lag between France and UK - nothing to do with me - honest.

The Paul 22:36 15 Jul 04

Sorry for the mispells. Its the time lag between France and UK - nothing to do with me - honest.

The Paul 17:53 16 Jul 04

Me and rocks and hard places are best of friends.

How can I set up the network method. As the Portege doesnt boot - can I still get at it via a network connection?

The Paul 22:13 16 Jul 04

Any More Thoughts Anyone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…