Tosh Lappy Resize HD

David4637 13:46 PM 27 Apr 11

My current HD C: Free 95 GB, Used 21 GB D: Free 78 GB, Used 38 GB

Resize HD C: Free 50 GB, Used 21 GB D: Free 123 GB, Used 38 GB

I would like to take 45 GB from C: and add it to D: as above.

Whats the best freeware to resize the HD, I use Acronis to backup? Thanks David

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:53 PM 27 Apr 11

If windows Vista or 7 then you can resize partitions in Disk management.

David4637 13:54 PM 27 Apr 11

I should have said its W7 Home Edition Lappy. David

David4637 14:02 PM 27 Apr 11

Fruit Bat /\0/\ & Others Is there a set procedure for resizing the HD using W7 Disc Management as I have not done this before, and I thought you had to use third party software? Thanks David

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:04 PM 27 Apr 11
  canarieslover 18:22 PM 27 Apr 11

Just be aware that there may be a hidden restore partition on the drive and it may well sit between the two partitions that you already can see. If this is the case then I would suggest downloading one of the free partition managers such as Easeus Partition Manager link text

1: http://www.partition-tool.com/?gclid=CLf7rYWavagCFUFC4QodKQzGAg that will allow you to move the hidden partition to the end of the drive. You can then change the other partitions to suit yourself. Just remember that it is very advisable to back-up all the files before doing anything with the partitions.

David4637 14:03 PM 28 Apr 11

Thanks for your helpful comments and software suggestions - will investigate. Thanks David

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…