Daisy22 10:57 AM 23 Apr 13

I seem to have got this in my system - windows 7 - and I just can't seem to remove it. It has also installed the dreaded Delta search bar which again I can't remove.

I've tried to uninstall in control panel - it tells me it is removing it but doesn't and when I try to manually delete from programme files I get the following message :

this action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another programme

as far as I can see this isn't open so I just can't work out how to get rid of it

thanks for easy help please not very IT minded

Chronos the 2nd 11:23 AM 23 Apr 13

Restart your PC then try and remove it.

onthelimit1 11:25 AM 23 Apr 13

Bleeping computer always a good place to start. You'll need to scroll down a long way to get the advice.

Daisy22 12:32 PM 23 Apr 13

have tried the restart didn't work

thanks for 2nd suggestion, i'll take a look

Daisy22 14:44 PM 23 Apr 13

OMG there must be a simpler way than that?

Chronos the 2nd 14:45 PM 23 Apr 13

Have a look here also. Google.

caccy 16:10 PM 23 Apr 13

Try removing it in "Safe Mode". This often works because the file(s) you are trying to delete can be running when you are not in "Safe Mode".

Daisy22 16:42 PM 23 Apr 13

Neither Delta search nor TornTV show in the uninstall programs anymore, however delta search is still coming up when I try to use the google chrome icon.

I've also tried to follow instructions from the delta search website, however my google chrome doesn't seem to have details as is shown for deleting, ie customise toolbar. I've gone into settings and chosen just google chrome as the default search engine, have deleted delta from the list but it has taken over my search engine.

I really am lost what to do next

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:29 PM 23 Apr 13

Download and run Malwarebytes

Daisy22 21:41 PM 23 Apr 13

I'm using in safe mode at the moment but I've run 4 different malware packages, Adwcleaner, combofix, malwarebytes and rogue killer, but Delta is still showing as my search engine - I just can't seem to get rid of it.

It's really frustrating

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:50 PM 23 Apr 13

After you have run Malwarebytes and removed all its found.

In Internet Explorer

Open Internet Explorer >> Tools >> Internet Option >> General tab. Enter or any other address making it the default start page.

Click on Start and type run type “REGEDIT” in the run box and then hit enter

In the registry editor go to Edit menu and then click on find option, you will get edit box to search any string to registry editor

Type in the find edit box “” and click on Find Next

The search result will highlighted the key which have the same string

Edit that key and change the “” string to ““

Use F3 key to find Next, Replace all them to “”

Then Restart the internet explorer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11