Torn Between Broadband Providers

golfer boy 13:26 21 Feb 03

Ok, so I've done the research and decided that I want a broadband connection at home. I don't live in a cabled area so I need to have an ADSL connection via my BT line. Prices vary dramatically so I budget at no more than £25 per month, and I look around to see what offers are on.

I finally get down to a choice of 3 providers. This is where you come in. Should I go for Pipex, Eclipse, or Plus Net? Their packages look good, they appear to be respected by ADSL guides online, but what I'm looking for is someone with experience of these companies. What are their customer support services like, how quick can I expect the connection to be, and is there anything about any of these that I ought to beware of.

Many thanks

obbit 14:17 21 Feb 03

i know pipex are good although i don't use them myself twon members of my family have pipex they say it is a good service.

jimv7 14:30 21 Feb 03

I am with f9 which is part of plusnet for £19.99 per month.

Good speeds and you are kept up to date via their web site for any bb problems.

jimv7 14:31 21 Feb 03

Forgot, click here for their web site.

rct 14:52 21 Feb 03

Happy Pipex user here. Download at 471Kbps, upload at 260Kbps (3.8km from exchange). Their telephone support is superb now with little wait involved: click here

SDJ 14:53 21 Feb 03

I cant imagine a better provider than Pipex.

Patr100 15:06 21 Feb 03

Tried a search ? click here

golfer boy 16:46 21 Feb 03

Ok, so Pipex takes the lead at present.

Has anyone else got any suggestions?

Thanks for your help so far.

Seicento 17:16 21 Feb 03

Pipex for me too.

Been with them for 11 months and never regretted it once.

lemon2 17:35 21 Feb 03

I am more than happy with Pipex. Been with them for 11 months. Never had any problems whatsoever.

Although I understand F9 is good.

My mate is on BT and wishes he'd looked around first. Apparently at times (evenings and weekends), BT Broadband is slower than dialup! but he's tied into a 12 month contract.

cyberphobic 21:00 21 Feb 03

Been with Pipex for 9 months now, Support was terrible to start with, I haven't needed any for months because the service has been excellent, but I understand that it's now very good.
The other point to consider is that Pipex are a proven ISP who have been around for years and years, can you say that about the others?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…