TopStyle Lite?

Revi 21:28 26 Nov 05

I read somewhere that using FrontPage to work with CSS or Styles quote “does not give you the best interface in the world. A software called TopStyle Lite is reccommended. It meshes nicely with FrontPage and other applications that help you maintain your site such as CSS and HTML Validators. There is also a very supportive forum. ” Unquote. Would any one know if TopStyle Lite is known to be harmless or does not carry with it spyware? And also if FP 2003 cannot handle CSS by itself?

djinn 23:02 26 Nov 05

It certainly won't be spy or malware - the makers have been in the busibess for quite a while - I believe they were the makers of Homesite a well respected html editor - I have the Pro version and very good it is too!

I believe that it will operate alongside FP no probs although I can't say for sure as I don't own FP. I would imagine somewhere in FP's preference you would be able to choose it as a third party efitor.

Whether or not FP is good at handling CSS - someone else will have to comment - I'd say go for it as it is a freebie and am absolutely sure that it will be free of any sort of malware.

HTH
Cheers

Taran 23:38 26 Nov 05

FrontPage 2003 certainly can handle CSS. It does it quite well, although some input from you will be required to put the relevant quote marks in place.

Click on File, click on New, under New Page in the right hand panel click on More Page Templates. Click the CSS tab to get you going with some samples.

You can sue any editor you like in FrontPage for images, CSS, ASP or whatever. You set your editor in the program options:

Tools >> Options >> Configure Editors

TopStyle Lite is the lite version of the mighty TopStyle Pro, which is one of the very best CSS editors available. It didn't used to have any spyware or malware and I can't see that changing.

T

Revi 07:17 27 Nov 05

Thanks for the positive response. Taran thanks again for the useful instrructions!
Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…