Off Topic help (Spiders)

MAJ 11:33 17 Sep 03

I hope FE doesn't get annoyed that I'm off topic, but can anyone help me in trying to identitfy this spider, either with a website for such things or with a picture. I have it in my garden and it's about 1½"-2" in size, it's web is about 2½'-3' in diameter. It's only curiousity on my part.

click here

click here

Pesala 11:40 17 Sep 03

This belongs in the Web Design Forum

Tog 11:53 17 Sep 03

. please .

Tog 11:57 17 Sep 03

Here it is

click here

Tog 11:58 17 Sep 03

Unless you don't live in Australia...

mark500 11:58 17 Sep 03

True spiders (Araneae) represent by far the largest Order of the arachnids with about 35,000 species known worldwide. All are carnivorous predators with powerful fangs, called chelicerae, which are used to bite and crush the prey, and to inject venom. The chelicerae are attached to the front of the cephalothorax between the palps. The prey of spiders largely consists of insects and other arthropods (including other spiders), but some of the large, tropical species will also attack small frogs, lizards and even birds. Many of the spiders found commonly in farmland and gardens, particularly the so called money spiders (members of the family Linyphiidae) and wolf spiders (members of the family Lycosidae), are considered beneficial natural enemies, since they often prey on aphids, leafhoppers, gall midges, stem- and root-boring flies, cutworm moths and other undesirable insect pests of crop and garden plants.

Confab 12:07 17 Sep 03

Its a common garden spider foind in huge numbers at this tiome of year. Somw can grow very big. I did see on once that was at least 2" long and its web was about 8 foot wide.

Perhaps a resolved tick would be in order.

Confab

Confab 12:08 17 Sep 03

Sorry about the spelling mistakes!!

Andsome 12:15 17 Sep 03

DID YOU HAVE TO START THIS THREAD???

I'm scared stiff of spiders

plankton 12:17 17 Sep 03

good photies, what camera did u use?

mammak 12:29 17 Sep 03

Oooh yuk, am with Andsome on this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017