Top quality content free

ivy lynn-251214 10:31 03 Dec 03

In the current PC Advisor poll, one of the options is.... "No I would not subscibe to broadband as I get Top quality content free"

Is this possible, can you get internet access free?

Jester2K II 10:32 03 Dec 03

The question is asking if you would pay EXTRA for the content - not if you would pay for access...

Jester2K II 10:33 03 Dec 03
  Jester2K II 10:40 03 Dec 03

The question is would you pay for top quality content (I assume this means movie trailers, CD previews etc etc) ON TOP of paying for your connection, by paying a subscription or charge to the site providing the content.

NOWHERE does it say "No I would not subscribe to broadband as I get Top quality content free"

It does, however say, "No - I'll always be able to get top quality free content" This means anyone giving this answer is saying they can already get top quality content from sites for free.

jerichobob 10:56 03 Dec 03

Would be a better poll if the meaning of the query was clearly explained. The chance of misunderstanding, as with our friend above, will lead to a skewed result!

ivy lynn-251214 11:05 03 Dec 03

Well guy's I may not be the brightest star in the galaxy, but I agree with jerichobob it may mislead other's too, therefore lead to a dodgey poll result.

Stuartli 11:33 03 Dec 03

Surely the answer (from a choice of six options) is being given to the basic question, so there's no need to make it more clear than it is at present?

Pesala 11:38 03 Dec 03

• Is perfectly clear already

• Would be clear if you had broad-mind

• I'm broad-minded already

• Who needs it?

• Who cares?

jerichobob 08:33 04 Dec 03

The answer is only clear if you understand the meaning of 'broadband entertainment'. This could mean all things to all people. My son plays a game on line to which I pay a monthly subscription, so obviously I have no objection to this, but what is entertainment to others? Some are entertained reading the drivel that the likes of us post in places not too unlike this - though of course no-one here could ever be accused of such a thing.

Stuartli 09:42 04 Dec 03

I'm quite sure, in view of the vast publicity ISPs provide on their home pages, that pending or current broadband (and most dialup users) are well aware of the entertainment channels available.

In fact it's a key attraction of broadband that you can download music, video etc for immediate enjoyment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…