Top PC games by category

VNAM75 21:34 14 Aug 07

Are there any good websites that list the top 10 or 20 sports, adventure, action etc games for the pc?
And can my current system which has an AMD 3800, 128mb geoforce 6600gt, 1gb ram, play the latest games?

wolfie3000 21:49 14 Aug 07

There are many lists of top 10 games around the net,

click here

Or just google top 10 games.

As for your system it would certainly struggle with todays latest games, but there are alot of older games that would run well on your system.

brundle 21:51 14 Aug 07

Everyone's tastes are different, somewhere like Gamespy might have a list of the kind you mention.
Your PC will cope with most games, the very latest will require you to set your graphics at 640x480 or 800x600 but unless you plan on playing Oblivion at reasonable speed, it will cope. I just upgraded from 2.5XP/6600GT which ran Doom3/HL2/Stalker/FEAR at acceptable frame rates.

umbongo(uk) 21:58 14 Aug 07

yes your set up is fine for all of the games today

as you know the system will usually select the best gaming setting on first game boot up

and if your not happy with a games performance just go to the relevent game forums and usualy the folks there willl tell you how to improve performance from either turning softshadows off or lowering the sound qaulity and other areas of the game

click here

click here

click here

click here

thers tons more out there dont forget the ones on yahoo and other isp providers websites

the only diffrence between your system and mine is the grfx card
but even when i had a 3200amd ,9800 pro i played most games up to fear and qauke 4 with no problems
just not on high res or all settings set to high

VNAM75 22:09 14 Aug 07

Thanks for the links. Regarding my system, I went on play.com to find the latest games and couldn't find any that required more than a 2ghz cpu.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac