Tooltips dissapear behind start menu...

Gaz 25 18:58 10 Jul 03

You know when you hover over Start button, and it says to begin click here, well I can see it behind the start menu just the top of it.

I cannot even see the date, it has only just started doing this, a quick fix is a log-off and log-on, but it is annoying. Please help.

Gaz 25 19:06 10 Jul 03

Dont know if it is related but when changing properies in XP for startmenu and taskbar it takes ages to apply the changes.

VoG II 19:12 10 Jul 03

I get this very rarely and a reboot cures it.

esbe 19:29 10 Jul 03

Hi, does it on mine as well (windows me), I think that there was a thread on this subject a short while ago,seems to be a glitch of some sort.
I find that double clicking on a blank part of the taskbar once or twice seems to cure it for a while. Hope this helps. Cheers.

Gaz 25 20:37 10 Jul 03

Any body else?

It seems to be after an update? But anyway, I dont know.

It is just annoying anyway, I never used to get it but now I do, every month or so.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:50 10 Jul 03

start-settings-taskbar and start menu-untick 'always on top'-close. Redo but tick always on top. ;-))

Mango Grummit 20:50 10 Jul 03

My wife is just the same .. gets a tad annoyed about every month or thereabouts.

Gaz, if you do some ironing it may take your mind off it :o)

VoG II 21:04 10 Jul 03

She hides behind the taskbar?

Mango Grummit 21:07 10 Jul 03

Gaz 25 21:08 10 Jul 03

Gandalf, it solved some of it but not all:

Start when I hover over it shows the click here to begin now and the date shows.

However if I hover over an open Program in the taskbar it does not show.

Gaz 25 21:20 10 Jul 03

Mango Grummit
She hides behind the taskbar?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…