Tools - Internet Options, Cancelled?

dangerusone 20:52 26 May 04

The problem I have is this :- When I try to open Internet Options I get the message
This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer, contact your system operator
I'm running XP with AVG and Zonealarm and to my knowledge I haven't altered any settings. I'm old and green and hope one the wizards out there can help.Merle Haggard and Willie can't, but they are easing the pain.

VoG II 20:56 26 May 04

If you have Spybot click here

Fruit Bat 20:59 26 May 04

It looks like your XP account is for limited user you need to be a system administratwr to change settings.

Start/settings/control panel/user acconuts

select change an account click on your account then change account type to become an administrater. Then you should have access to the settings in Internet Explorer.

dangerusone 22:06 26 May 04

Thanks VoG and Fruit Bat
I don't have Spybot and I'm also down as the administrator.
thanks for trying. Dangerus1

Fruit Bat 22:14 26 May 04

download spybot from here click here

dangerusone 22:38 26 May 04

I've downloaded Spybot and followed the link that VoG advised and unticked the IE boxes and it's done the trick. many thanks for your help.dangerus1

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…