ToolBar888 - Is downloadable remove tool ok?

almax 14:28 10 Oct 06

Hi, I'm a new member of this forum and am fairly inexperienced technically.
Recently had ToolBar888 installed on Internet Explorer/Google start up page and want to remove it. Being nervous of playing around in "safe mode" I wanted to know if the free removal download tool offered on the web is genuine, or is it a way to mess me up further?

Thanks for any help

Amacfal

Technotiger 17:00 10 Oct 06

Hi, there are loads of removal tools, but you
could try -

click here

Cheers.

surfmonkey #:@}© 18:33 10 Oct 06

did you get the nasties with the 888toolbar ie trojan horse collected AF and worm VB ACO and trojan horse downlaoder generic2 SPC

almax 12:22 11 Oct 06

Thanks Technotiger & surfmonkey for responding.

To be honest, I would rather not have to pay for the greatis removal tool, I'd rather find either a trusted free tool or the most simple/safe method of deleting the appropriate registries myself. Under a year ago I had I had my Internet Explorer front page hi-jacked and bought PCdoctor, I also run AVG free, Zone Alarm free and Spybot. None of these prevented the hi-jack or has rid me of it.

surmonkey - As to the other "nasties", I don't know if they escaped my sweeps with the above - Spybot only found "Smitfraud-C" which it cleared.

Any other suggestions kind people?

Cheers

moorie 12:46 11 Oct 06

try running ewido click here free trial, but after trial you still keep most of its functionality
or a2 squaredclick here

moorie 12:57 11 Oct 06

you could also try this click here

almax 12:53 12 Oct 06

Thanks for your help moorie,technotiger and surfmonkey - I have cleared this nasty - to be honest, not quite sure how, through using my "system restore" [which kept telling me it hadn't worked]. But thanks for the links to some useful tools.

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now