Toolbar changed colour and headings

Sapins 15:29 PM 05 Mar 13
Answered

My wife has been using a programme on CD'S, for quite a while, to print Templates and Greetings cards etc; after choosing an item to print out, the toolbar, which comes with the programme, has suddenly disappeared and in its place is a "transparent" Black toolbar with White printed headings and not the same number of headings. The correct toolbar is missing. I have restarted the computer and cleaned up the drive. I have done a Norton scan which only found some tracking cookies which have been deleted. No new programmes, add ons etc; have been installed and the programme worked perfectly up until now. Any help gratefully received as she needs to finish some work on it.

Woolwell 15:53 PM 05 Mar 13

Name of program and OS of computer may help. Program runs purely from CD's?

Sapins 16:24 PM 05 Mar 13

Hi Woolwell,

Sorry, should have said, Programme is Debbi Moore Designs runs from CD's and OS is Windowa 7.

Woolwell 16:50 PM 05 Mar 13

It appears to run from within a browser. Have you changed or updated the default browser?

Details of how to obtain technical assistance

Sapins 17:15 PM 05 Mar 13
Answer

Sorry re delay on my first reply, power cut would you believe.

You have hit the nail well and truly on the head, my wife changed from IE to Firefox, er, on my advice! Now changed back to IE and it worked immediately.

Many thanks from us both,

Regards,

Sapins.

Woolwell 17:49 PM 05 Mar 13

Thanks for the feedback. I use Chrome and Firefox but keep IE as the default because I have one program that throws a "hissy" if any other browser is default.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…