Toolbar buttons gone

flopsy88 12:23 07 Nov 09

Hi I cannot find a few buttons I had on my toolbar. The were so handy and now they are gone. The were ebay, amazon, lm (for last minute). I would appreciate it if someone could tell me how to get these addons for my toolbar. I have searched through toolbars on firefox which is my browser, but to no avail. I have a laptop which is Vista. Thank you

howard64 12:26 07 Nov 09

has quick launch been turned off? do not know with vista but with xp right click on toolbar and toolbars and see if it does not have a tick.

flopsy88 12:30 07 Nov 09

Hi, no quick launch is ok. I think it happened after I installed Firefox 3.5 yesterday. Thanks Howard for replying so quickly

Pineman100 12:31 07 Nov 09

What toolbar are you talking about?

Do you perhaps mean the taskbar, along the bottom of your screen? If so, then the shortcuts may still be there, but could have disappeared because there's not enough space to show them.

Try this: right-click on a vacant area of the taskbar. Is there a tick beside "Lock the taskbar"? If so, click on it to remove the tick.

Now hover your cusor over the little vertical triple line of dots towards the left-hand end of the taskbar (they look a bit like rivets). The cursor should change into a double-ended arrow. Click and hold down your left mouse button and slide the mouse to the right an inch or two, then release the button - this should enlarge the area of taskbar available to shortcuts. You may find your missing shortcuts will appear.

If that doesn't work, please post back with a clearer explanation of what you're trying to do.

flopsy88 12:41 07 Nov 09

Hi Sorry if this is unclear. I had buttons on the top of my screen in the toolbar. All I had to do was click on them (for instance the ebay button)and it took me striaght to ebay. The same with Amazon or Last Minute. Yesterday I updated Firefox to 3.5 and they were gone after the upgrade. I do hope this is a bit cleared

VoG II 12:44 07 Nov 09

Try View > Toolbars > Bookmarks Toolbar.

flopsy88 12:48 07 Nov 09

Hi I tried that and it is ticked, I feel it has been an add on but I am unsure where I got it from. If I do fine out I will post it here as it is amazing and so handy especiall if you need to use these sites often

Pineman100 13:40 07 Nov 09

Ah - so it's a Firefox upgrade that removed these quick links? Sorry, I can't help you there - I'm not a Firefox user.

Maybe this web page might be able to help: click here

VoG II 14:01 07 Nov 09

Try looking in Tools > Add-ons and see if there's one with an Enable button.

flopsy88 14:01 07 Nov 09

Hi If I did a system restore, do you think my buttons would be on the toolbar? Sounds silly but I am afraid to tamper with a computer unless it is necessary. Thanks again for trying to help me.

howard64 15:54 07 Nov 09

system restore is always worth a try if it doesn't do it you can return to today's.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced