toolbar 888,how remove

chrisjohn 09:13 02 Oct 06

my computer recently started having many popups and i noticed a strange program under add/remove programs called toolbarr 888. i tried to delete it but it said that this program had allready been deleted, and the uninstall entry was gone for it. i also noticed that without my permission, my firewall had been turned off. every few minuted or so a messege from avg free pops up saying i have a virus then it heals it, and a few minutes later i get another. so i typed %temp% and deleted ALL of the files in that folder. i dont know what else to do so i really ned some help.

VoG II 09:25 02 Oct 06

Download Ewido Anti-Malware trial version click here

After it's downloaded and installed, it should automatically update itself; however, if it doesn't, you should do it manually. Close ALL open Windows / Programs / Folders. Start Ewido and run a full scan:-

Click on Scanner

Click on the Settings tab.

Under How to act?
Click on Recommended Action and choose Quarantine from the popup menu.

Under How to scan?
All checkboxes should be ticked.

Under Possibly unwanted software:
All checkboxes should be ticked.

Under Reports:
Select Automatically generate report after every scan and uncheck Only if threats were found.

Under What to scan?
Select Scan every file.

Click on the Scan tab.

Click on Complete System Scan to start the scan process.

Let the program scan the machine.

When the scan has finished:

Make sure that Set all elements to: shows Quarantine, if not click on the link and choose Quarantine from the popup menu.

At the bottom of the window click on the Apply all Actions button.

Right-click the Ewido Tray Icon and select Exit. Confirm by clicking Yes.

chrisjohn 10:36 02 Oct 06

iv ran edwido,spyware detector,ad/aware,windows defendor but cant get rid of it,any more help please.

chrisjohn 10:56 02 Oct 06

refresh

VoG II 11:05 02 Oct 06

Try tyhis click here

chrisjohn 18:45 02 Oct 06

thanks,but still here.

VoG II 18:46 02 Oct 06

Download HJT click here and post your log at the MWR forum click here

chrisjohn 18:48 02 Oct 06

cheers for ur help.much appreciated.

skidzy 18:54 02 Oct 06

Obviously follow VoG™'s advice regarding HJT and MWR,but in the meantime you may like to try this:Superantispyware click here

chrisjohn 19:22 02 Oct 06

is spyware blaster worth trying?

skidzy 19:28 02 Oct 06

Certainly worth having on your system.This will not clean whats already there,but can stop further infections of Spyware/Malware.

Please remember,anything you download,you give permission to possibly bypass your security.This can happen with whats a genuine piece of software but comes bundled with spyware,normally it pays to check and untick the sponsors.

Messenger plus is a good example of this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…