Tool Bar Internet Explorer 9

amyjen7 12:24 PM 29 Nov 11

Hi I have very limited knowledge of computers. When my cat jumped on my key board the internet toolbar vanished including Norton and Google search bars. I have been told to click the View Tap at top and the Toolbar and then Lock. Fine but I can't see a view Tab anywhere ( sorry you mean the bar that as the red cross)Done but cant work out how to carry out next advise ie toolbar and lock Sorry to be a nuisance I confirm I run Vista Home Premium

Sea Urchin 12:37 PM 29 Nov 11

Please stick to the same thread - it is confusing to have two threads on the same subject.

In IE try pressing the Alt key to reveal the missing menu bar

gengiscant 12:42 PM 29 Nov 11

It is not necessary to start a new thread, just add to the one you already started. But to answer your question,I think,move your cursor right to the top of IE 9, this means as far as you can go then right click and you will see all your tool bars listed including the menu bar which includes the view tab. Just click on the ones you want and they will appear.

T0SH 13:36 PM 29 Nov 11

Could it be IE is in full screen mode if so a quick stab at F11 would toggle it back

Cheers HC

birdface 13:50 PM 29 Nov 11

If T0SH's method does not work.Right click on the Toolbar if any part of it is visable and make sure Menu bar is ticked.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to choose a photographer

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone