Too much spyware??

lecram 08:41 09 May 07

Is it ok to have a number of different types of spyware (example 3) on your computer. Do they conflict with each other the same way two antivirus programs would if installed on the same pc???

Technotiger 08:47 09 May 07

Hi, you can have three types of spyware, they do not conflict like anti-virus programs. Don't forget you also need a good Firewall (don't depend on the XP firewall for instance). Also a good Registry cleaner.

Plus a little bit of common sense when opening emails, especially those with attachments - if you don't recognise sender, or are in any way suspicious - DELETE.

Technotiger 09:07 09 May 07

IMHO although you can use more than one spyware program, I don't think it is really necessary. This is what I use ...
AdAware click here
AVG click here
Firewall click here
Registry cleaner click here

A good backup program is another essential, like
Acronis True Image click here saving backups to an external hard drive is best.

Kate B 12:33 09 May 07

I'd also add A Squared click here and Windows Defender click here to that list

Belatucadrus 13:17 09 May 07

I have heard of instances where programs with live coverage like Spyware Terminator and Windows Defender haven't cohabited all that well. Generally those that just have a manual scan don't trouble each other though.

moorie- 14:34 09 May 07

yes They can conflict in my opinion

I now have
spywareblaster(protection based)
super anti spyware free (decent detection)
and use these in conjunction
with
Avast free(anti virus)
WinAso(reg cleaner)free version removes 10 at a time
I agree with Belatucadrus,live coverage apps dont sit well together(conflict) try and have one only from this group
spyware blaster
Defender,
spyware terminator
spybot
*also tweak apps like advanced windows care fall into this group,it uses a loaded database and conflicts with others in the group.
Once sticking to one from this group i noticed aspeed increase in app loading times +web page loading/surfing

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5