Too much majenta in Pictures - Epson 880

swapper 20:13 29 Dec 03

I have downloaded and installed the latest drivers and colour profile for my Epson 880,
cleaned the nozzels, changed the cartridges, use the correct paper, and have just about done everything I can think off?

My problem is that although my pictures print o.k. they have a tint of majenta in them, which I cannot seem to get rid of, any help please?

Someone out there knows something :-))

minter 21:01 29 Dec 03

Do you use a pre-print program such as Photoshop, PSP, etc.

If you do then try changing the setting in that and see what happens.

Is the colour bias something new, or is it a new printer.

short-circuit 01:50 30 Dec 03

Do the photographs look alright on the screen but then print out with too much magenta?

swapper 07:26 30 Dec 03

Minter, I use PSP7, the printer is not new (two years or so) I do not print a great many pictures, average two/three a month.
I seem to recall that this problem is not new, I have just accepted it, it is just that I want to print and give copies of my family to my family (a first get together).

I will look at the PSP settings (?) not quite sure how I do this.

short-circuit, The photographs look excellent on screen

swapper 07:55 30 Dec 03

After reading your suggestions, I could have kicked myself, I have not tried to print via another programme.

I printed the same picture with DiMage Viewer (it came with my Minilta camera).
The result is as good as I want it, no tint! and a good print.

So, my problem seems to be with PSP7, any ideas please? and thanks for the prompts.

minter 11:38 30 Dec 03

Have you been trying different makes/types of paper.

Every manufacturers' paper gives a different colour cast.

If this is the cause then, when you find the paper you find best stick to it. But do try others occasionally, remebering that you may get differing results.

I have recently changed my printer and ALL my settings will have to be changed. I am getting totally different colours to what I got with the old printer (different make).

When you were using PSP did you keep to the same settings, especially the printer settings, as these can make a marked difference to results.

As short-circuit asks do the pics look ok on the monitor, then print different.

Sheila-214876 11:52 30 Dec 03

There are lots of ways in PSP7, but to start off with go to Effects/Enhance and the first 3 entries are all Auto. Try all three in the order they come in. Leave all the settings at the default. Another option is to use PhotoQuicker. I have an Epson 880 and and Epson 915. Photoquicker comes with the 915 but it can be used with any printer. Go to the Epson site click here and select downloads. Fill in the prompts but select the Epson 915 as the printer. Once it is installed you can use this on the 880 to print either 20 index prints or 1, 2, 4, 8, prints on one A4 sheet. Because it is not meant for the 880 you will get a couple of error messages before printing about Print Image Matching just OK them. I use it mostly to get an index print for filing my photo's

swapper 16:27 30 Dec 03

Thanks minter, my photographs look excellent on screen but they print with this majenta tint, not a lot, but just enough to notice.

ennuye, thanks for this info, I will indeed do as you suggest and try Photoquicker and look at the settings you suggest.

I always use the same paper to print, I will get a different make and give this a try also.

short-circuit 22:33 30 Dec 03

Look in the help files about calibrating the monitor to match it to the printer. I haven't used this version myself, but the previous version made you go through a monitor calibration process before using it.

That could solve your problems with the program.

woodchip 23:04 30 Dec 03

You should create a colour map in PSP7 and save it to just use in that program They nearly all have the option to create one you have to adjust the colours separate. It may take you a while to get it just right I had the Problem with an old Epson Colour Pro it did not do justice to green and put too much red on the images but the above corrected it

Sheila-214876 11:27 31 Dec 03

Don't forget it's not really the monitor that determines the final output to the printer. Everybody's eyes are different, some like the contrast and brightness turned up to maximum, others like a darker screen etc.. I have a friend who is well into digital prints, (£1000 camera, Photoshop 7, Epson 1290 A3 printer, new 17" monitor) but he still has to do lots of test prints making alterations until he gets one he is happy with. My Epson 915 printer has Print Image Matching and using Photoquicker I get good prints first time everytime up to A4, from a 3.2mp camera. I use compatible inks and photo glossy paper from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…