Too Much Formatting = Problems?

Tom123 23:35 24 Oct 03

ok, over the last 3 computer...well this specific HDD has been formatted LOADS of times. And slowly but surley....problems appear, as in they cant run properly and crash randomly, cant play games because of Dirext X problems, WMP9 crashes, MSN crashes i was just asking...can too much formatting leave traces on the HDD leading to future software failure? I have tried MANY MANY ways of fixing these problems independently but to no avail. My windows has nothing wrong as it is the genuine CD and works fine on another PC. should i buy a new HDD?

powerless 23:39 24 Oct 03

Problems you say may be of other problems.

The hard drive can be checked for faults using manufacturers software of their website.

can too much formatting leave traces on the HDD leading to future software failure? - no

DieSse 00:15 25 Oct 03

I agree completely with Powerless - formatting, however many times, is not causng your problems.

They smack more to me of memory problems, heat related issues, and/or software issues - drivers etc.

Whilst i would be reluctant to think your HDD was to blame, manufacturers of HDDs offer good free diagnostic software.

You can also get good free downloads of RAM test programs too - which I would definately recommend you to try. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…