TOMSTEPHENSON1 18:47 10 Nov 05

I have approx. 20 programs which start up on booting up my computer. I don't want to remove the programs but I would like to open them when I want to do so. Is there a fairly simple way to stop the programs opening all the time?

The Spires 18:52 10 Nov 05

I have used Start Captor for some years, simple program that doesn't need installing. click here

wildthing6666 18:55 10 Nov 05

Try click here you can disable programs and it also tells you if it is needed to run windows

ACOLYTE 18:57 10 Nov 05

Depends where they are,if there are some in the startup folder you could delete the short cut from there,that would stop them running,some may be stopped by opening the progam and unticking the run at windows start up box,those that as added to system start may need unticking in msconfig to stop them loading,what programs are they?.

dickens 19:36 10 Nov 05

I use Scottie to keep control of start up and running processes. There is a free version but the Plus version gives so much more information. Have a look at this site click here

TOMSTEPHENSON1 08:27 11 Nov 05

I will give all the suggestions a try

ventanas 08:48 11 Nov 05

Try this click here you can choose what to stop, and also start again if you wish.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…