Too many programs running at startup

yogibear 12:54 15 May 04

I have too many programs starting up wit windows, and its slowing my computer right down. Is there any freeware that I can get to remove some of these from the startup list?

VoG II 13:00 15 May 04

Start, Run, type in

msconfig

and click OK. On the Startup tab, untick the ones you don't want, OK your way out and restart your computer.

Don't untick anything impostant like anti-virus.

tasslehoff burrfoot 13:05 15 May 04

You can do it yourself with start>run>msconfig click the startup tab and remove any ticks you don't need.

You can always add things back if you encounter a problem.

Don't know of any software that will do that for you, but once it's done try winpatrol or startup monitor.

click here for winpatrol or click here for starup moniter.

Oh, and maybe startup control panel will do the msconfig bit for you? I have downloaded it twice but never got it to work for some reason. click here for a look (same link as startup monitoe above btw.

HTH

Tas

tasslehoff burrfoot 13:06 15 May 04

the first two programs I mentioned enable you to manage what starts up by alerting you if anything new tries to set itself to start with windows.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…