too many programmes on desktop, need help

ZEROTOLERANCE 22:28 20 Aug 04

when i open all programmes on desktop i have so many instaled that they go of the page and cannot be read,

is there a way to group certain progs into a seperate folder? for example instead of having 5 seperate cliks for each adobe, or pinnacle, product i have 1 folder named adobe or pinnacle suites, [for example] or all my spyware progs in 1 folder and all my microsoft progs in another folder.

thanx in advance

ZT

Charence 22:35 20 Aug 04

Sure, just right click and create new folder on desktop and you can group together the appropriate programs into folders.

JUST DRAG AND DROP.

Charence

Charence 22:35 20 Aug 04

Charence

ZEROTOLERANCE 22:39 20 Aug 04

not the ones ON the desktop the ones that open when you click start > programmes.

Dan the Confused 22:51 20 Aug 04

Click START>SETTINGS>TASKBAR & START MENU then START MENU PROGRAMS tab and then click on ADVANCED button. You can then arrange your programs menu how you like. This works for Win98 anyway.

ZEROTOLERANCE 23:02 20 Aug 04

no i dont have settings on the start menu,

i have win XP Pro

jonnytub 23:09 20 Aug 04

right click on the start button and click properties to get to what dan the confused describes.

Djohn 23:20 20 Aug 04

What you want is, C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs

To open this folder, right click on the start button, choose open all users then left click on the programs folder, you will see all your programs in there. from there you can right click to make new main folders and use drag/drop to group your programs together in the new folders.

This will reduce the amount of items showing in "All programs" just click on the folders to open for more choices.

kev.Ifty 23:27 20 Aug 04

Right click on start button select Properties....

You should then have the TASKBAR & START MENU as Dan the Confused says!

Select START MENU/CUSTOMISE..... You can then put a tick in SCROLL PROGRAMS, see how that looks.
Or
Click ADVANCED...Which should bring up your program folders etc......

cut and paste or drag and drop from there.

ZEROTOLERANCE 23:31 20 Aug 04

there are no options on there that help me!!

ZEROTOLERANCE 23:39 20 Aug 04

sorry didnt refresh,

thats great guys thanx

ZT

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…