Too Many .PDFs

RE1772 18:58 06 Sep 07

Okay, so I believed the hype and I am striving for the 'paperless office'
The only problem is that I now have so many .PDFs that I have lost track of everything.
Can anyone recommend a program that will help me sort it all out.
I have thought about an Access Database, but wouldn't mind looking at the alternatives.
Maybe a library catologue application or something.

Thanks

Forum Editor 19:11 06 Sep 07

How many?

There are all kinds of software applications for document management, but the ones I deal with in a corporate environment are designed to handle upwards of 50,000 documents, and are a little expensive.

The average home user can easily organise document files by creating nested directories (folders), and if you do plan your folder hierarchy carefully this mehtod can be surprisingly efficient. It does mean that you have to drill down in order to find a document however, or use the Windows filename search, but at least it's free.

Otherwise, if you want something more sophisticated you'll have to pay, and how much you pay depends on how many bells and whistles you want.

If £26 or so isn't going to break the bank you might want to take a look at this: click here

RE1772 19:56 07 Sep 07

Thanks, i looked at it and i think you may be onto a winner.
I also 'googled' 'document organiser' after your response and found many solutions, so i consider my domestic problem 'resolved', but i will leave the thread open as ,whilst I have no where near 50,000 documents, i would be interested to know which professional system you are talking about, so i can check out the features.

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…