Too loud volume PC problem

jonem81 10:12 AM 04 Feb 13

I have an autistic grandson, who believes that maximum volume is best on the PC ( and TV)! This is seriously damaging to his ears and others who dare to enter his room. I have tried all of the usuall volume adjustments, but he knows all of the tricks and returns them to high levels. Now I know that I COULD pull the plug, or remove the speakers, but again, with an autistic child of 13 years, it just does not work. It would lead to massive tantrums and disruption of normal life. I wonder if there is a 'line-in', discrete volume adjuster that could be installed between the PC and the speakers....?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:08 PM 04 Feb 13

Powered speakers with volume control ?

can you open the speaker with the volume knob and remove the knob

or muffle the speakers internal with foam (did that on some of the kids toys)

jonem81 19:03 PM 04 Feb 13

Fruit Bat /\0/\

Thanks, Fruit Bat /\0/\ . Yes, they are powered. Your suggestions I have toyed with, but any of those would make it inconvenient for other users. I'm hoping some guy can suggest an adapter (hidden) to plug in/out, which can be turned up or down as desired. Maybe I should try a radio forum? Many thanks for your help, as usuall!

SillBill 19:12 PM 04 Feb 13

I had a look for Automatic Volume Limiters (AVL &AVLS) but didn't find what I considered suitable, you could try your own search for the above - you'd have more idea what would be suitable.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:49 PM 04 Feb 13

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11