Too big web-sites

BELSOX 21:39 18 Sep 10

I use Windows 7 and IE9 and accidentally changed the web-pages so that they are too big for the screen! Can't find how too get back. I recently loaded Windows 'GODMODE' and think therein lies the trouble. I've looked through Godmode's list of options but nothing seems too obvious.

Thanks in advance
Belsox

rdave13 21:48 18 Sep 10

Right click on toolbar(extreme left) and select status bar.
Now on bottom right you can select zoom properties.

BELSOX 22:59 18 Sep 10

rdave 13
Thanks for speedy reply - however no reference to status bar appears when I right click tool bar- I use Windows 7 - does it applY there?
Belsox

rdave13 23:02 18 Sep 10

In IE9 try tools and Zoom in the dropdown menu.

rdave13 23:05 18 Sep 10

Also you get the toolbar options if you right click a blank space where the tabs show.

Woolwell 23:22 18 Sep 10

I must be missing something - zoom alters the text size etc. If the pages are too big then surely the window has been stretched too large. Can you minimise and grab the window edges and resize them.

rdave13 23:34 18 Sep 10

It was me that missed something.

Try Woolwell's suggestion and also try F11 to see if it minimises the page a bit.

birdface 23:34 18 Sep 10

press F11.

rawprawn 08:17 19 Sep 10

IE9 Try "Page" in the Tool Bar then "Zoom" it will show you the % zoom in munerics. "Text" is a seperate operation.

BELSOX 23:51 21 Sep 10

Thanks everyone for your attempts to solve my problem. F11 makes little difference. Dragging the edges only lasts for that session and reverts on the next search. THis also applies to 'appearance changes' option in IE9.
I'm now convinced that downloading 'GodMode' as recomended by Which Computing? this month is the source. I going to go back to a safe spot and see if that does the job. I'll let you know in due course!
Belsox

BELSOX 00:06 22 Sep 10

Cracked it! Rdave13 and rawprawn's point about the tools and zooming did the trick. It was just that the tool sign isn't all that clear. Thank-you all#]
Belsox

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…