Toner redrum - can I refurbish it?

Chris the Ancient 16:47 19 Sep 05

I'm quite happy to refill my own toner cartridge on my Brother HL-1430 laser printer.

However, every 3 or 4 refills, the drum 'needs, replacing. And, by 'eck' they're expensive. I could nearly buy a new printer for a drum and toner refill combo price!

In my ever increasing drive to save costs, is it possible to 'refurbish' the drum oneself; or is it necessary to bite the bullet and buy a new one?

Out 'til mid-evening, and I shall pop back in then.

Belatucadrus 17:24 19 Sep 05
  amonra 17:48 19 Sep 05

It IS possible, but if there are any scratches on the plastic coated rollers, then forget it !
I had a Brother 1050 and know the costs, that's why I jumped at the chance of buying a Samsung 1520 in PC World for £50:00. If it lasts 12 months, good. Anything over that is a bonus, then throw it away if it dies. I've refilled the toner twice without any probs, so keeping my fingers crossed.

Chris the Ancient 19:37 19 Sep 05

So I will have to bite the bullet.

Oh well...

PUNKA 21:16 19 Sep 05

Not all of these cartidges can be refurbed.I know this because I work in a Xerox Warehouse and we return the Cartridges that can be Re-cycled, and these are not amongst them.

Chris the Ancient 21:17 19 Sep 05

Thanks for that. Makes me even less certain that I want to go down the refurb path.

Pass me another pack of bullets! :o((

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…